Impress your family and guests with this fail-proof, healthy and delicious appetizer. Sweet potatoes also known as yams are dense in nutrients.
Yams are an excellent source for Vitamin A and beta-carotene, so your eyes will definitely thank you. Also high in Vitamin C, it will help boost your immunity. Also it is great for your cell metabolism as they have great amount of Vitamin B6.
If you suffer form high blood pressure or trying to reduce sodium level in your body then Yam can be beneficial for you as well as it is a good source of potassium too. Apart from the above-mentioned nutrition, yams are a good source for copper and manganese as well.
They are also high in fiber and contain both soluble and insoluble fiber that helps boost your gut-health. If you are diabetic, pre-diabetic, or insulin resistant or have PCOS condition, you could still consume yams in moderation and in small portion.
How to make
- Preheat oven at 425 F
- Wash and peel the sweet potato and cut it in round pieces
- While the oven is heating up, line a baking tray and coat with some avocado oil and parchment paper
- Spread the sweet potatoes, coat them with some extra-virgin avocado oil and pink Himalayan salt and bake them for 20 minutes
- Take them out of the oven and now spread some goat cheese over each sweet potato slice
- Now top the goat cheese with some chopped pecans
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes baked for desired crispiness
- Take it out of oven and pour some yacon syrup over each sweet potato slice for additional sweetness OR eat as it is. It tastes great either ways
Taa-daa! Your healthy appetizer is ready for serving; we guarantee you that there will be no leftovers. Yes, it is that delicious; however if you do end up with leftovers store in glass container and reheat for 30 seconds before serving.
• 1 organic medium to large sized sweet potato
• Organic extra-virgin avocado oil
• Organic pink Himalayan to taste
• Grass fed goat cheese crumbled
• Organic yacon syrup
• Organic chopped pecans