Low Histamine Pad Thai
Shirataki noodles is also known as Miracle Noodles for strong reasons. Its high in fiber which slows down its breakdown. Therefore it doesn’t give you an immediate insulin spike. It is also great for people struggling with celiac disease as it is gentle on your stomach. It is gut friendly and helps with auto-immune disease management and is a great substitute for traditional noodles. Its my personal favorite for asian flavored noodle preparations. It is low caloric as well; so if you are one of those who likes to track your calories then go for it.
This recipe is low-allergic and low-histamine and is free of soy, grains, gluten, dairy, eggs, shellfish, sesame, peanuts, nightshades and corn. So if you or your loved one is allergic to any of these then this recipe is meant for you.
I have also included Vegetarian and Vegan friendly substitutes to make it inclusive for all. You are welcome !!
So lets get started…
How to make
- In a pan or instant pot coat some EVOO and add minced garlic, lemon grass and chopped walnuts
- Add the onions and let it cook for a few minutes. Add the other veggies and cook for a few minutes
- Add the minced chicken OR minced jackfruit and sauté for few mins.
- If you are using an instant pot then switch off the Sauté mode and now close the lid and pressure cook the chicken with veggies for 6 mins. OR pressure cook the minced Jackfruit with veggies for 5 mins. You can cook this on regular stove as well however it will take longer time to cook. Force release pressure carefully.
- Add some Coconut Aminos and salt to taste
- Keep this aside. We will use it as a mix for Pad thai, you can eat this as veggies as well.
- Drain Shirataki Konjac noodles in a strainer and wash it thoroughly in warm warm water . Don’t worry about the weird smell, this will disappear after cooking this noddles.
- In a stove boil some water with some salt.
- Add the Shirataki Konjac noodles to boiling water and let the noodles boil for a few minutes.
- Pour the hot water mix back to the strainer to drain all water.
- Now add the Shirataki Konjac noodles back to pan and cook it on medium to high flame until all water gets evaporated.
- I personally like to cut the noodles by a pair of scissors into small strands before adding it to the pan for drying, however thats totally optional.
- Once the noodles dry up, keep it aside.
Bringing it all together
- In a pan add some EVOO and chopped onions
- Add some portion of the protein/veggie mix and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled Shirataki Konjac noodles and sauté for a few minutes.
- Switch off the stove and squeeze some fresh lime juice for some extra kick
- Transfer into a serving boil and garnish with some freshly chopped organic cilantro and roasted chopped walnuts
Voila your healthy , gut-friendly, low histamine, allergen friendly Pad-thai is ready . Enjoy immediately and refrigerate leftovers in glass container for later consumption.