As the festive season has already begun, MyHealth team is exploring several desserts to satiate your taste palate. It doesn’t come in easy since most desserts are not autoimmune friendly and are rich in processed sugar and low in nutritional value.
Yet we find ways to enrich your plate with food that not only stands out in nutritional chart but also helps balance your autoimmune conditions.
Carrots are an excellent source of beta carotene and they are full of fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants. Its also essential and beneficial for your eye health. Given all its benefits , we had to explore carrots to see if we can make a healthy dish out of it and nothing sounded more tempting that a carrot pudding. Making it a perfect balance to achieve both nutrition and satiety.
So lets get started…
How to make
- We used store-bought grated carrots, however you could also use whole carrots and then grate them out in a food processor. This will be quicker than manually grating each carrot.
- Add some Ghee or Coconut oil or MCT oil in Instant pot on "Sauté" mode.
- Once the oil is heated, add the grated carrots .
- Cook for a few minutes before adding chopped pistachios and unsweetened coconut milk or A2 milk.
- Pressure cook the mix for 5 minutes then do a quick release of pressure.
- Add blanched almond flour to thicken the mix and some swerve as per taste.
- Now sauté with lid open for a few minutes until the remaining milk evaporates.
Taa day ! your quick and easy dessert is ready to be serve. We prefer serving slight warm however you can chill and serve it later as well. Store any remaining pudding in glass container. You can freeze as well.
Organic bunch of grated carrots (8-10)
Organic chopped pistachios
Grass fed Ghee or organic Coconut oil or organic MCT oil
Organic blanched almond flour
Organic and unsweetened coconut milk or A2 milk
Swerve to taste