Carrots are rich in beta carotene. They are also a good source for Vitamin A, fiber and potassium. They are filled with antioxidants that help fight free radicals in your body especially in our eyes. In fact one serving of carrot can help you meet 73% of your daily Vitamin A requirement so now you see why we are in love with this root vegetable.
Carrots are a staple in our soups and pies and cakes however not many think of it as chips so we wanted to explore and see how we can leverage this nutrition bomb in our snacks and starters.
This recipes can be made in bulk for later munching and is also ideal for road-trips and picnics. Impress your family and friends by offering this as an appetizer with a side of guacamole.
You can season the carrots with your favorite spices , we tried with oregano and it turned out yummy. So lets get started…
How to make
- In a mixing bowl, coat the carrots with apple cider vinegar and extra virgin avocado oil
- Toss the salt, pepper and oregano
- Now line your air-fryer rack with parchment paper and spread your carrots on it.
- If your air-fryer already has a "Fries" setting then use that OR you could set the temperature to 400 F and airfry for 20 mins.
- Pause air fryer after 10 mins and flip the carrots. Brush with some extra avocado oil if required before air-frying for remaining 10 mins.
- Voila ! your carrot chips are ready to be served, yes its that quick and easy.
- Save any leftovers in a glass container and re-heat in microwave for 15-30 seconds before serving.