Grain-free Pizza Bites
Not sure about you guys, however I do crave for pizza at least once a week. However its unfortunate that most pizzas readily available either at restaurants or at supermarkets contain wheat or additives that has detrimental effect on your immune system. And more than 7% of Americans who suffer from one or more auto immune disease or an estimated 18M Americans who are sensitive to gluten cannot have it.
Combine both these two stats and you have a big enough reason to look for a grain free and gluten free pizza. Until restaurants start offering such healthy options , MyHealth.FYI team is there for you. We always look for creative ways to share nutritious recipes that help manage your health and enhance your gut . So lets get started.
How to make
- Mix all ingredient to make a dough.
- Break the dough into small portions to make pizza bites. Spread the dough with hand evenly or use a dough roller
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 350F before adding desired sauce and toppings
- I used a home-made pesto sauce for my base however feel free to use pressure cooked , peeled and de-seeded tomato sauce . I usually use imported sauce from Italy and then pressure-cook it to reduce any remaining lectin content. Feel free to add some basil or other seasoning to your tomato sauce.
- I chose A2 milk based cheese that doesn’t affect your gut health .My personal favorites are goat cheese, buffalo mozzarella and imported parmigiano reggiano. I ran out of buffalo mozzarella so used goat cheese, diced onions, some mushrooms and some grated parmigiano regiano.
- After adding your desired toppings bake for another 10 minutes.
Ta-da ! Your pizza bites are ready to be served.
Give this simple recipe a try and don’t forget to share your thoughts. Bon-appetite
1-1/8 cup blanched almond flour
3/4 cup arrowroot starch
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tabl. cream of tarter
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 tabl. apple cider vinegar
2 tabl. EVOO
Oregano, garlic powder and salt for seasoning
1/4 cup ground flaxseed soaked in warm- water for few mins for binding.
Upto 1/2 cup warm water to mix all ingredients and make the dough