Join the Scientific Nutrition Revolution
Gluten free Chicken-Egg Roll
Last year a couple of our team memebers visited Kolkata, India and they was amazed by its street food. It' s called the city of joy for a reason; you have to checkout the variety of street-food it offers and everything is very cheaply priced. So do checkout the next time you visit India and share your thoughts with us.
We were particularly impressed by the egg rolls , chicken rolls and chicken-egg rolls. We could watch the person making it for hours, and it is no less than a street-art. You have to know when to add the eggs , when to flip the roti and then add the remaining ingredients. We thought this would need quite a practice but we were surprised that we were able to make it easily after watching just one video on Google. So we suggest you doing the same if you need more visuals.
MyHealth team wanted to figure out how we can make this famous dish healthy so everyone can have it without compromising their health.
This is a grain free, gluten free, dairy free , soy free , shellfish free and nut free recipe; so if you or your loved one is allergic to any of those then you can totally indulge in this recipe without any worries.
Also this recipe is high in protein and good fat and low in carbs; so if you are trying to loose weight or are watching your sugar or cholesterol then this is a worry free indulgence for you.
Bonus point; it is a portable dish, so it's perfect for both indoor and outdoor dining/picnics.
So lets get started.
How to make
- Take a stainless steel flat-pan and add a few drops of avocado oil, enough to form a small coating.
- Let the oil heat a bit then add the cassava roti. Let the roti heat well on on side untill you see small bubbles of air forming on it.
- Now turn the cassava roti. Take an egg, break the shell and put all the contents in a cup. Stirr it well so that the yolk can mix evenly in rest of the contents. Pour the mixture on the roti.
- Let it cook slightly and then flip the egg and roti carefully; the egg will now be beneath the roti. Let the egg cook well and it will slowly get attached to the roti. Remove the roll from stove and place it on an unbleached parchment paper.
- Cook the chicken separately and add it on the roti. Place the chicken pieces evenly on the center of the roll.
- Add some diced red onions on top of chicken
- Add some guac or cilantro chutney on top of chicken and onions evenly
- Squeeze out some lemon juice.
- Sprinkle some pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Now start rolling the egg roll slowly, adjust content if you need to , so it makes a perfect roll. Use the parchment paper while rolling which will also act as a cover to secure your roll. Fold the bottom of parchment paper so that roll-contents don’t fall.
- There you go. Your street-food inspired healthy chicken-egg roll is ready . Serve it immediately and save any leftovers in glass container. Reheat in microwave for a min or two before serving leftovers or reheat leftovers at 350 F in oven.
- Bon appetite !! Give it a try and share you thoughts with us.
Cassava rolls (you can use home-made or store bought, just ensure that it doesn’t contain any additives)
Pasture raised and cooked chicken (pieced or minced)
Freshly chopped organic red onions
Pasture raised eggs
Freshly made organic cilantro chutney OR organic freshly made guacamole without any tomatoes (I prefer guac as its healthier)
Freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
Organic and virgin Avocado oil
Pink Himalayan salt
Unbleached parchment paper