Gave a try to my fancy new Mychefman 6.3 Quart Digital Air Fryer+ Rotisserie, Dehydrator, Convection Oven
This is spacious, sturdy and perfect to cook large portions and help with meal planning. Also ideal when you are entertaining a big crowd.
I love french fries however I always try to avoid them because they are usually deep-fried and loaded in trans fat.
Also I try to avoid potatoes in general as they shoot your insulin. However sweet potatoes and taro are my favorite alternates to potatoes. Taro is a healthy resistant-starch and can be consumed as one small serving per meal.
I tried making two flavors of these fries at once by splitting those into two portions. I personally liked the spicy Masala fries more; however the salt & pepper blend is always a classic and closer to the taste of potato french-fries.
How to make
- Wash, peel and cut your taro into long pieces
- Divide it into two portions
- Use the classic seasoning for one half and Masala seasoning for the other
Indian Masala Seasoning
- Add some cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger and garlic powder and pinch of turmeric to one portion of cut Taro root
- Add some salt and pepper to taste
- Coat with some organic Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVOO)
- Add salt, pepper to taste to second batch of fries
- Coat them with some organic EVOO
- Cover the airfryer racks with parchment paper and spread the two flavored fries on separate racks
- Insert the racks
- Use the fries setting and let it do its magic
- Press stop after 10 mins and carefully remove the racks and turn the fries before cooking for remaining time
Voila ! Your french fries are ready to be served.
Give this simple and healthy recipe a try and avoid the hassles and unhealthiness of deep frying. Go air frying !