Choco-coco Gluten free cookies
Dipping temperature adds another charm to baking. Enjoy fall colors in your backyard, dunking these grain-free cookies in your favorite hot-drink.
These healthy cookies are your perfect companion for an after-lunch snack. Created with your health in mind, these cookies are low-glycemic, gluten-free and lectin-free making them compatible with your gut. So if you suffer from any celiac issues or are watching your sugar intake, these are perfect for you.These are also fine to be consumed if you have high cholesterol as these are made of nut-flour that helps balance your bad cholesterol.
So lets get started…
How to make
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl and then slowly add all ingredients to it.
- Use your hands to make the dough.
- Wash and dry your hands and coat them with some melted coconut oil. This will help prevent the dough from sticking to your hands or you could use a pair of serving gloves as well.
- Make small balls of dough and flatten them with your hands.
- Place the cookies at least 1 inch apart on a cookie baking sheet.
- You should be able to make close to 25-30 cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and bake the cookies for 16 mins.
- Take the cookies out of oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Now reduce the oven temperature to 170 F and bake the cookies for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Your batch of healthy cookies is ready. Serve hot with your favorite hot-drink and store the rest for later consumption.
2 1/2 cup organic and blanched almond flour
1/2 cup organic and unsweetened medium coconut shred
1 pasture-raised egg
3 tablespoons melted organic coconut oil
1/4 to 1/3 cup Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup or Yacón syrup (optional and adjust as per taste)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons pure and organic vanilla extract
3 -4 teaspoon organic and unsweetened cocoa powder. We prefer Chatfield’s unsweetened cocoa powder as its allergic friendly
1/4 cup organic and chopped roasted walnuts
1/4 cup organic and chopped roasted pecans