Choco-coco Gluten free cookies
The dipping temperature adds another charm to baking. Enjoy fall colors in your backyard, dunking these grain free cookies in your favorite hot drink.
These healthier cookies are your perfect companion for an after lunch snack or to serve your guests.
Created with your health in mind, these cookies are low glycemic, gluten free and lectin free making it compatible to your gut. So if you suffer from celiac issues, IBD, IBS or watching your sugar intake, these are perfect for you. Also if you have high cholesterol , these are fine to be consumed as these are made with nuts that helps balance your bad cholesterol.
So lets get started…
How to make
Prepping the cookie mix
- Whisk the egg with a fork and then slowly all ingredients to it.
- Use your hands to make the dough.
- Wash and dry your hands and then coat them with some melted coconut oil. This will help preventing the dough sticking to your hands
- Make small balls of the dough and flatten it with your hand and start placing on the cookie sheet. Place the cookies at least 1 inch apart.
- You should be able to make close to 25-30 cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and prep a cookie sheet/pan . I prefer to coat it lightly with melted ghee or coconut oil. Alternately you can use a parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 16 mins. Take the cookies out of oven and let it cool for few minutes
- Now reduce the oven temperature to 170 F and bake the cookies for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Your batch of healthy cookies are ready. Serve hot and store the rest in a cookie jar for later consumption.