Avocados are densely packed with nutrition and no wonder they are priced high. It is suggested to have one avocado a day. They are a good source of several vitamins like K, C, E, B5/6, potassium and folate. It also has small amounts of several minerals.
Filled with healthy monounsaturated fats that are good to fight your bad cholesterol, so if you suffer with cardiovascular disease, high-cholesterol, high triglyceride or fatty liver, make sure to add this to your daily diet. Also high in fiber, avocados are great for your gut-health, they feed your good-bacteria and help reduce inflammatory markers.
This is a very handy recipe for a quick breakfast or meal. Adding eggs to the mix fills you up even further and it acts like a great combo of fat and protein. You can add a side serving of salad or bread/soup to meet all your macros. Also, this quick and simple dish is easy to carry outdoors.
So let’s get started…
How to make
- Preheat oven at 425 F
- While the oven is heating up, line a baking tray and coat with some avocado oil and parchment paper
- Scoop avocado seeds and scoop the avocados
- In a mixing bowl, mash the avocados and add salt and black pepper to taste and some freshly squeezed lime juice and some extra-virgin avocado oil. Mix the ingredients well, this makes the avocados not taste bland
- Now fill the avocado mix in the avocado shells and make a deep well at the center using your hands/spoon. We will add the egg later in this well
- Now in a separate bowl, whisk two eggs and add salt and pepper to taste. Now add some onions and freshly grated cheese to the mix
- Now pour the egg mix at the center of the avocado shell, where you had made the deep well
- Bake avocados for 15-20 minutes
- Taa-daa ! Your healthy meal is ready. Enjoy it as a breakfast so combine it with a side of salad or soup for a healthy meal
- Serve hot and store any leftovers in a glass jar